⚠️This article is applicable to customers using Payment Processing by storEDGE to process payments.
If your facility uses Payment Processing by storEDGE to process payments, the Payment Processing Fees reports provides details of your sales volume and a breakdown of fees.
Accessing Payment Processing Fees
- When you are logged into one of your facilities, click on the Corporate button in the blue navigation bar.
- Click the pie chart icon on the left side of the screen to navigate to the Reports section.
- Click on the Payment Processing Fees tab.
- From here, you can filter by facility or date range or select the statement you’d like to view. Keep in mind that the date is the Statement Date the statement was generated, so to see all fees paid in March, you’d select the April 1st statement.
Fees you will always be charged
You will see the following each month regardless of which fee structure you are using:
- Transaction Count - The total number of transactions including both successful and failed payment transactions, and credit card authorizations that occur within the reporting period.
- Per Transaction Fee - The fee you are charged per attempted transaction.
- Total Transaction Fees - This is calculated by multiplying the Per Transaction Fee by the Transaction Count.
- Monthly Fee - The base monthly fee you are charged for payment processing.
- Total Fees - The sum of all fees on the statement.
Fees that are specific to your fee structure
Some fees are specific to which fee structure you selected at sign-up. Go to the correct section below to see fee details that are relevant to your account depending on your fee structure.
Flat Rate Fees
- Sales Volume - The total amount of money processed by Credit Card and ACH during the billing period (this does not include cash/checks/money orders).
- Flat Rate - The flat rate percent that you are charged for each transaction included in the billing period as defined above.
- Total Volume Fees - This is calculated by multiplying Sales Volume by the Flat Rate.
Interchange Plus Fees
- Visa/MC/Discover Volume - The total amount of money processed using Visa, Mastercard, or Discover.
- Discount Rate - The rate charged for each Visa, Mastercard, or Discover transaction included in the billing period.
- Total Visa/MC/Discover Fees - This is calculated by multiplying Visa/MC/Discover Volume by the Discount Rate.
- AMEX Volume - The total sales processed on AMEX cards during the billing period which is defined in the same way as Visa/MC/Discover Volume above.
- Discount Rate (AMEX) - The rate charged for each AMEX transaction included in the billing period.
- Total AMEX Fees - This is calculated by multiplying AMEX volume Volume by the Discount Rate.
- Interchange/Card Brand Fees - Interchange is a transactional fee assessed by the card brands (Visa, Mastercard, etc.) and paid to the cardholder's bank. Interchange fees are variable based on a number of factors such as card type, entry method, merchant type, and the data provided with the transaction, such as address.
Fees you may be charged depending on your monthly activity
You may not see all of the fees listed in this section each month. The following fees will only appear on your Fees page if there was applicable activity during the billing period. For example, you will only see fees related to ACH if you processed ACH payments during the reporting period time frame.
- Refund Count - The number of refunded transactions during the billing period.
- Refund Fee - The fee you are charged per refund.
- Total Refund Fees - This is calculated by multiplying the Refund Count by the Refund Fee.
- Chargebacks - The number of Chargebacks that occurred during the billing period.
- Chargeback Fee - The fee you are charged per chargeback.
- Total Chargeback Fees - This is calculated by multiplying Chargebacks by the Chargeback Fee.
- ACH Transaction Count - The total number of ACH transactions during the billing period.
- ACH Transaction Fee - The fee per ACH transaction.
- Total ACH Transaction Fees - This is calculated by multiplying the ACH Transaction Count by the ACH Transaction Fee.
- ACH Return Count - The total number of returned ACH transactions during the billing period.
- ACH Return Fee - The fee that is charged when an ACH transaction is returned.
- Total ACH Return Fees - This is calculated by multiplying the ACH Return Count by the ACH Return Fee.
- ACH Reject Count - The number of rejected ACH transactions in the billing period.
- ACH Reject Fee - The fee charged for each rejected ACH transaction.
- Total ACH Reject Fees - This is calculated by multiplying the ACH Reject Count by the ACH Reject Fee.
- Arbitration Count - The total number of rejected payments in arbitration in the billing period.
- Arbitration Fee - The fee per transaction in arbitration.
- Total Arbitration Fees - This is calculated by multiplying the Arbitration Count by the Arbitration Fee.
- Retrieval Count - Total number of Retrievals in the billing period.
- Retrieval Fee - The fee charged for each Retrieval.
- Total Retrieval fees - This is calculated by multiplying the Retrieval Count by the Retrieval Fee.
Next Day Funding
- Next Day Funding Deposits - The number of next day funded deposits.
- Per Deposit Fee -The Next Day Funding fee charged per deposit.
- Total Next Day Funding Deposit Fees - This is calculated by multiplying the Next Day Funding Deposits by the Per Deposit Fee.
- Next Day Funding Monthly Fee - The fee charged monthly for Next Day Deposits.
What should I do if I have a question about my fees?
If you are confused by a fee charged to your account, we first recommend referring to the fee schedule you were provided with at onboarding to seek an explanation. If you would like to discuss your fees, contact storEDGE Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-954-4745.