Visualizing where your renters are located is an important tool in making decisions about your business. Utilize the Tenant Contact List CSV export and Google My Maps to build a confidential map of this information.
- In storEDGE, navigate to Reports
- Generate the Tenant Contact List
- Click the CSV export option in the upper right corner
- Optional : edit the file to exclude unnecessary data for your map (like gate code, account number, etc). Be sure to include the address, city, state and postal code columns, though.
- Log in to your Google account
- If you don't have a Google account, you can create one for free by following these instructions.
- Go to Google My Maps: https://www.google.com/mymaps
- Select Create a new map
- In the menu, select "Untitled map" to give the map a name and description.
- Click Import
- Select the Tenant Contact List CSV from your computer
- After uploading your data, you’ll be asked to select the column(s) with location information, so that your data will be correctly placed on the map (e.g. columns with address or latitude and longitude information). Select the Address, City, State, and Postal Code columns and click Continue. You can hover over the question marks to see sample data from that column.
- Now pick the column you’d like to use to title your markers. (For this example, Tenant Last was used.) Click Finish.
- You should now see your data as a layer in the menu, and your points plotted on the map. If you’d like to change the name of this layer in the menu, just select the text of the layer name (the default will be the file name).
There are many more cool features available with the Google Maps tool like styling the map, customizing the points on the map, choosing an alternative base map, and more. Check out the Visualize your data on a custom map using Google My Maps help article to learn more.