⚠️This article is applicable to customers using Payment Processing by storEDGE to process payments.
Viewing the Status of a Payment in the storEDGE Payment Portal
- To view the status of a transaction directly in the Payments Portal, you’ll log in to the storEDGE Payment Portal with the username and password you created after onboarding.
- Click Payment History on the left side bar
- You can filter by Sales, Authorizations, and Refunds. You can also sort your transactions in a number of different ways: Transaction ID, Amount, Cardholder name, Created date, and more. You can also use the search bar to search for specific transactions.
- Approved: The payment was authorized by the issuing bank, which confirms the account has sufficient funds and the customer has provided valid CVV and AVS (address) information. The funds related to an Approved transaction will not be sent to your account until the payment is submitted to Capture and Settle as part of your daily batch
- Captured: The Captured status means an approved payment was sent to the processing bank as part of your daily batch, to begin the process of transferring funds from the cardholder to your account.
- Settled: Settled indicates that the process of transferring funds between the cardholder and your account is now completed and you will receive the funds in a deposit.
- Returned: Applicable for ACH payments only. This status indicates that the ACH payment was Returned. After an ACH payment successfully processes, the issuing bank has 2 business days to issue a return if the ACH bank account information was invalid, or there were insufficient funds. In this case, the original ACH transaction moves to the ‘Returned' status, and the funds are deducted from your bank deposit total amount.
(Error code 15: generic_decline): Transaction declined: Generic Authorization Decline
(Error code 15: generic_decline): Transaction declined: Error
These are likely because the CVV entered does not match the CVV of the card. Try processing the card again paying particular attention to the CVV number.